Need a REALTOR®? Ask Your Friends
There can be a lot of anxiety in finding the right person to help you buy or sell a home. After all, buyers will be spending a lot of time with them throughout the process and agents are helping them through arguably one of the biggest decisions of their life. How could anyone possibly find the right one? According to surveys 40 percent of buyers found their agent through a referral of a friend, family member, or neighbor (while another 12 percent used an agent they had worked with before). On the seller side, 38 percent found their agent through referrals and 22 percent went with an agent they had previously used.
Do Your Homework
If you do not know a Realtor that you would like to work with, check out your neighborhood to see which Realtors have active listings and speak with the sellers for their feedback. Connect with your friends and family and ask them about their experiences with their Realtor, then interview those agents and ask for testimonials from their past clients. You want to learn as much as you can about this person to determine whether they will be a good match for you.
Qualities to Look For
Realtors will vary in style, experience and personalities so a Top Producing Professional Agent should have these qualities
- Has great communication skills with you and clearly explains every step of the buying/selling process. This includes promptly answering your phone messages/texts/emails
- Knowledge of the market
- Is always on time for appointments
- Is organized and prepared for your meetings
- Has resources for you such as a mortgage lender, landscaper, painter, inspector, etc
- They are a good listener and understand your motivations
If you are looking for a Professional Realtor or you would like to become one, contact the Kewin Pacific Team at Keller Williams at 425-239-1956. We can help.